Wednesday, August 13

Big Sammie/Fall Tour Preview

Frogs Gone Fishin' will play a very special show on September 11 at Dulcinea's in Denver with one of my favorite artists from New Orleans! Big Sam's Funky Nation, consisting of big Sammie on trombone and the rest of his funky nation, will funk you up all night long in a way that only a NOLA band can. Us Frogs will be working on our funky tunes until then... maybe we could have a Big Sam's Froggy Nation Jam, hmmm???

We will be visiting NOLA on our FGF Fall Tour, after Texas and before a run that will stretch up through Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC around election time, and back to Colorado via the Midwest. Although I already know that our time in New Orleans will be short, I can barely stand the anticipation of absorbing every minute of it. I miss that city and its beautiful people every day.

"Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?
And miss it each night and day?
I know I'm not wrong... this feelings gettin' stronger
The longer, I stay away..
Miss them moss covered vines...the tall sugar pines
Where mockin' birds used to sing
And I'd like to see that lazy Mississippi...hurryin' into spring"

-Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong

No comments: