Friday, May 16

The Final Countdown

21 days until summer tour...
32 days until the album drops...

Frogs Gone Fishin', has just announced that we will release our debut studio album, "Tell Me True" on June 17th. We have been working on the tracks for over a year in Nashville, Denver and the seclusion of the Colorado mountains. It's a very fun album to listen to and I cannot wait to start touring under it.

Tour starts on the 6th in Denver at The Walnut Room with the Boulder Acoustic Society, so I'll be leaving New Orleans on Tuesday with Andrew Portwood (vox, guitars) to drive the tour-mobile (mid-90's Suburban) to Colorado to meet Steve (bass) and Mark (drums/perc) and start rehearsal.

One final note: I purchased a Paul Reed Smith Hollowbody II this week. It is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever played and sounds like a complete monster when you plug it in. For about a year of rent money, I invested in an instrument which I'll have forever. Nothing can come close to the creative propulsion produced by a world-class instrument.

No comments: