Saturday, May 10

My First Time

Blogging is something I’d never given much thought toward. I’ve been happy spending my time writing and performing music, recording albums and promoting concerts. Under the context of these activities, I’ve learned that many different kinds of people love music. I’ve also learned that while our generation thirsts for new and better music, it becomes increasingly difficult to seek out this new stimulus in an age filled with Clear Channel Radio and MTV.

Not that these institutions don’t have a purpose in our musical world. They serve the musical needs of teenagers at an adolescent phase when image invariably holds precedent over substance in life and music alike.

All too often these preferences which we are comfortable with in high school carry over in to our adult lives. We never pause to ponder or think that there might be more out there than top 40 radio.

In my postings I'll try and offer a perspective for those curious about the music industry through the eyes of a recent college graduate (BA Psychology, Tulane '08) which will highlight life on tour, musings on music and the trials of promoting a festival for Summer '09.

No comments: